Atlanta Real Estate Attorney for Environmental Issues
The attorneys at Robbins Firm have handled a wide variety of environmental-related matters. These include real estate matters involving contamination. We have handled litigation involving the following disputes:
- Contamination by chlorinated solvents in groundwater and lead in soil
- Stormwater runoff and erosion
- Asbestos contamination and remediation
- Environmental Protection Agency and Georgia Environmental Protection Division proceedings
- “Perc” contamination by dry cleaners
- Personal injury claims arising out of asbestos contamination and other hazardous substances
- Nuisance and trespass claims arising out of runoff and contamination
- Hazardous Site Inventory and Brownfield issues
- Trichloroethylene contamination in soil and groundwater
- Environmental warranty and insurance disputes
We represented a landowner whose property was contaminated by a large battery-manufacturer. The manufacturer delayed clean-up of the property, and our client filed suit. The case settled the day of trial on terms very favorable for our client.
We represented another landowner whose property was contaminated by a large company. Our client worked with the company for years to clean-up the contamination. The company failed to do so, and our client filed suit. The case settled (terms are confidential).