Heather’s practice is focused on complex business disputes, including business torts. Heather has a broad range of experience, having worked at both large and small law firms and having represented clients ranging from individuals to international corporations. She is experienced in all phases of litigation and arbitration, from initial pleadings through appellate practice. Heather is admitted to practice in New York and Georgia and has litigated in various states and courts, including New York, Florida, Massachusetts, and the United States Tax Court.
Heather has litigated to conclusion or resolution matters including:
- Employment disputes, including non-competes, non-solicits, breaches of fiduciary duty, theft of trade secrets, and tortious interference;
- Disputes among business partners for breaches of duties and contract;
- Professional negligence claims involving attorneys;
- Collections and fraudulent transfer actions;
- Disputes against banks and lenders;
- Disputes regarding breaches of technology and services contracts.
Prior to joining the Firm, Heather was an associate at the New York City office of the international law firm White & Case LLP, where she represented corporations, banks, and individuals in a broad range of disputes, including tax fraud defense, bankruptcy, contract defense, and business torts.
Heather earned her law degree from Vanderbilt University Law School, where she received academic awards and served as an Executive Justice on the Moot Court Board. Heather also has a Masters of Arts in East Asian Studies from Duke University and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia. Heather is originally from Atlanta and has lived in New York, China, and Taiwan.
Heather is an alumni of the Your Lawyers Division Leadership Academy, which emphasizes participation the Georgia Bar.